Monday, March 28, 2011

And it came to pass...

...that Tifa had a birthday, became a chalk monster, and got things done. Whoot!
Want to see?

On Thursday, Michael gave me an early birthday present (via my awesome mother in-law).
He bought me anemones. They're the flowers I'm using in our wedding, which I had never seen before! They were lovely in person, much better than on google. So pretty! (: 


Also on Thursday, my parental in-laws made me a homemade spice cake. It was wonderful, except the fabulous frosting overpowered the cake structure and it came slowly down. I have never heard Laurie laugh so hard before. She couldn't compose herself enough to catch the cake as it eventually tore apart and made for the countertop. Hilarious fun. It still tasted amazing. (:
Haha. Love the upright candles.


On Saturday, my best friends came together with me to go to the Holi Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork. We got absolutely covered in scented, (yeah, scented like crap) colored chalk. This is my photo. The white balance is completely shot by all the color. For good photos, click here and be friends with Ashley Imlay.

This afternoon, I drove up to meet Jamers in Logan to plan for a wedding sign-in album. (This is a lie, we actually just love each other and wanted to hang out for hours on end.) We planned it on iPhoto, which is actually a really fun process. See photo of me planning my invites on said program. 
Score of the day: a half gallon of Aggie Bull Tracks, only $5. Love.


Later today, I finally bought the ties for the brothers/fathers at my wedding. WHEW! For those of you who have never planned a wedding, this is actually a bigger deal than it seems. We had this huge discussion over red/green... stripes/paisley/silk... price/bulk deals... ugh. And now, it is done! Yeees. Want to see?
I was asking the guy shopping in the tie shop for advice on his "style" for ties. After a lengthly conversation, I learned he was from France and flying home that night. Go figure. I wonder if he'd like the choice I made...
PS: They come in CUUUTE little boys clip ons for Micah (my nephew). Oh so cute. (:

Tonight, after a painful and drawn-out life of service, my face wash finally ran out. *sniffle* It lasted for over a year, and deserves serious credit.
Yes, I do look like that at night. It could be a lot worse.
See photo to the right and slightly above this one for example.

And now you're officially caught up on the life of me. 
Wait, no.
Michael comes on Thursday night! I miss him dearly. Love him. (: 
Okay, now you're caught up. 
Loves!

1 comment: